Sign up! Free Voucher Sign-up for a range of offers and a free Frankie & Bennys voucher

Just Need Your Advice

0 Kathrine Goods posted this 08 April 2017

Hi! I’m here to share my story and ask you to give me a piece of advice what to do further. The thing is I had a large cyst on my right ovary and a small one on my left one. I had a surgery two years. My right ovary was extracted. The doctor who did a surgery removed the cyst from my left ovary too but didn’t extract it. However, it seems he damaged it in some way. I haven’t had regular cycles since that time. They always come with 5-6 days delays. I’ve tried to conceive naturally nearly a year and a half and didn’t manage to do this. I know it’s quite ok to wait nearly two years and then consult a doctor. However, I decided not to postpone my visit to the doctor and consulted my gyny several months ago. She asked me to do some tests and ultrasound checks. I don’t have any problems with my womb, but there is a distinct problem with my left ovary. Its reserve is very little. My AHM has revealed it. My gyny says we may stimulate my ovary and do an IVF or try DE IVF. She says that the second variant might give us more chances to conceive. Both my hubby and I feel a little bit puzzled. I think we can still try to conceive with my own eggs. However, DE IVF is considered more effective. In addition, we’re short of money at present. We could try either IVF with my eggs or DE IVF. I know there are women who managed to conceive with one ovary. Could you please share your stories with me. P.S. One more thing, we did contacted several clinics who do DE IVF. Both of them are situated overseas. The first clinic seems to be a reputable one. We found loads of favorable feedbacks about it on various fertility sites. However, we were a little bit shocked when we visited them for the first time. The clinic turned to be not very large, but it was very neat. We saw loads of patients in its halls. There wasn’t a vacant place even to stay. It took us nearly 2 hours before we could see the RE. It was a very polite woman. She asked us loads of questions and studied attentively all our health tests. When we left the clinic, both my hubby and I were extremely tired. The second clinic seems to be ok. I don’t know why but I didn’t like the gyny we contacted there. The halls of this clinic were empty and the atmosphere was an unpleasant one. Any ideas about these two clinics?

0 Like 0 Dislike
4 Comments
Order By Standard | Newest | Votes | All
0 tonia sherman posted this 18 April 2017

Hi, hun! I’m really sorry to hear about your struggles of getting pregnant. I think you shouldn’t hurry up in making your final decision. I know that time really matters to you. However, you should choose the right clinic to deal with. I would choose the one that has better success rates. For me, it’s the key moment in choosing the right fertility clinic.

0 Like 0 Dislike
# Link
0 Kathrine Goods posted this 28 April 2017

The thing is, we really tried to do some homework before visiting this clinic. Firstly, we visited some fertility forums and read some comments about them. I should admit that the clinic does seem to be a reputable one. We checked their success rates and they also turned to be rather high. I should also admit that the clinic has rather high success rates. Unfortunately, we can’t offer cycling in more luxurious clinics. These were the main reasons why we decided to choose this clinic.

0 Like 0 Dislike
# Link
0 Hunter F posted this 4 Weeks ago

Hi, there! I think you should pay more attention to their success rates. I think it’s the main criteria of choosing a fertility clinic. I wouldn’t pay much attention to the queues. Check the way they’re going to choose an egg donor for you. I would choose the clinic that offers oocytes of young ladies who are really healthy. At any rate, I wish you good luck in your DE journey.

0 Like 0 Dislike
# Link
0 Kathrine Goods posted this 2 Weeks ago

The thing is the clinic we’re going to deal with seems to be quite selective in choosing egg donors for their DE IVF programs. They ask all their prospective egg donors to pass through a rigorous medical check up. They also pay attention to the donor’s heredity. Our program manager told us that the clinic won’t deal with a lady whose parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles have any hereditary issues. In addition, they choose women who have already become mums as their oocytes are considered to be of the highest quality. This is the way the clinic chooses egg donors for their clients. What do you think about it?

0 Like 0 Dislike
# Link